Local Law Firms Home > Product Liability Overview > Medical Device Defect & Recalls
Medical Device Defect & Recalls
A medical device is a term that describes a wide range of equipment that include complex machines that are only operated by medical professionals in a medical facility and everyday things including denture cream or blood testing machines t that are operated by patients in their home. Despite the range of products, medical devices have two vital qualities in common. First, medical devices are meant to improve or maintain a patient’s health and second, when medical devices are fault, they can result in severe injury or death.
Do you or a loved one have additional questions regarding a medical device recall? Contact a product liability lawyer as soon as possible to learn more about possibly obtaining monetary compensation in a product liability case due to a defective and recalled medical device that inflicted injury upon you or a loved one.
Below are some examples of product liability cases involving medical devices such as DuPuy, Stryker, and many other recalled medical device products that have caused great concern:
- Problems resulting from HeartMate II
- Breast cancer that results from or is accelerated by hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Strokes and heart attacks caused by the diet drug Meridia
- Strokes and heart attacks caused by the diabetes medication Avandia
- Spread of unsuspected maglignet cancer due to use of power morcellator during patient surgical treatment
- DePuy hip replacement problems
- Stryker hip replacement issues
- IVC blood filter and blood clot filter
- Shoulder damage and PAGCL as a result of intra-articular pain pumps
- Irritable bowel disease, Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis caused by Accutane use
- Neuropathy and neurologic disease as a result of zinc poisoning from Fixodent and Poligrip denture creams
- Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF) directly related to Gadolinium exposure during diagnostic exams
- Severe side effects and complications associated with the blood thinner Heparin
Were you or a loved one harmed due to defective medical device? Our product liability lawyers are here to help you pursue a personal injury lawsuit. Contact a product liability attorney in your area today for more information.
Did you know?
Recalls for defective medical devices are increasing. In just the first half of one year, twenty one various medical devices were recalled by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) since they presented a risk of severe harm or death. That was more than double the amount of medical products recalled by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) during the first half of that one year.