Immigration News & Articles

There is a problem with the news feed.

News feed might be temporarily unavailable.



Local Law Firms Home > Immigration Lawyer

Immigration Lawyer

Apart from professional assistance for immigrant and non-immigrant visa and green card applications, an immigration lawyer is also essential when it comes to immigration court hearings and appeals to the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA). All the immigration courts in the United States, along with the BIA, come under the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR). The main function of EOIR is to oversee and manage removal proceedings.

Do you have additional legal questions about immigration law? Our immigration attorneys can help and answer any questions you may have regarding yourself or a loved one. Contact a local immigration lawyer today for more information.

An immigration attorney will provide all of the below listed services, among others:

  • Visa Applications
  • Green Card
  • Adjustment of Status
  • Immigration Court Hearings
  • Relief from Removal
  • BIA Appeals
  • Immigration Lawsuits

An application for a student visa, employment visas, immigrant visa for family members, fiancé visas, and other types of immigrant or non-immigrant visas requires some amount of prior experience with the system. Green card and applications for non-immigrant to immigrant adjustment of status are likewise not to be taken lightly, and need ironclad applications and supporting documents.

For those who have received a “Notice to Appear,” the best thing to do is get hold of an immigration attorney before doing anything else. The notice will have all the information about the violations and the date, venue and nature of the immigration court hearing. Those who want to appeal the immigration judge’s verdict may file an appeal with the BIA, whose verdict can in turn be challenged with a lawsuit in the federal court system.

Do you need more information about immigration law, or do you have additional questions about a specific case? Our immigration attorneys are here to help and answer any questions you may have. Contact an immigration lawyer in your area today to learn more and if you need to receive representation for a immigration case.

Did you know?
Your immigration lawyer can get you "Relief from Removal."

There are many forms of relief available to aliens slated for removal or deportation, depending upon their circumstances. For example, the U-Visa provides temporary legal status to victims of crime, and makes the visa holder eligible to live and work in the United States for up to four years.